Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Today we get to reflect on and remember those who have passed on. Memorial day is set aside to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice in allowing us our Freedoms. I think many people also remember those who have passed on to prepare our mansions up on high.
So today, take time to remember those who have left already. They are gone, but never never forgotten.

My grandmother happens to be from Rigby, so yesterday she came to put flowers on her parents and grandparents graves. I was honored to not only visit their final resting places, (the cemetery right next to our church) but to also have my grandparents join us for dinner.


Today we got to spend time with these two amazing people serving them. I am lucky they are still here and am glad I get to spend memorial day with them before they are more than a memory.
My grandfather is a WWII veteran and has recently opened up about some of his experiences then. I am forever grateful for his service and for the service of my other grandfather and all the men and women who have enabled me to live in this great country and fought for the freedoms I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment