Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Genealogy

A CRY FROM THE PAST
 
By Clara Lewis Jennings
 
Must I, behind locked doors, forever wait
While you, who are on earth, procrastinate?
Must I, cry out unheard, forevermore,
And wait, in vain behind this bleak, barred door?
Because you would not see, to work to set me free, through genealogy?
 
Must I, who once held loved ones tenderly,
Stretch out my arms through all eternity?
Must I, not know the joy of being sealed
By this great power God has now revealed?
Because you failed your dead, others move ahead, hear what I have said!
 
When I, dwelt on the earth as mortal man,
The Lord, had not revealed his Gospel plan.
I would have done my own work had I known,
And would not now be waiting here alone;
Depending on you to do, that which I accept as true, to see me through.
 
Please hear, my voice before it is too late,
For you, and yours will one day share my fate.
For God has spoken in this latter day,
Commanding you to open up the way.
To set your kindred free, you must heed my plea, find your family tree.
 
For in, your day the Lord has plainly said,
That no man can be saved without his dead.
As I must look at my posterity,
So must they also have the need of me.
To pass beyond the door, and so I call once more, open up my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment