Monday, June 30, 2014

Genealogy

HOME
 
By: Evelyn Meadows & Carma Lowe
 
"Woe is me, such misery and pain, for 200 years, my hopes were in vain
Until one of my kind just happened to hear of the gospel restored, and the truth was quite clear.
"You must save your dead to have Eternal Life", but finding the right ones has caused toil and strife.
I've been taught here in Heaven, and I too see the light, if only my kin folks would seal things up right.
 
Marie Brown is the name which I was born, but the name Mary Brown, my records adorn.
I've wept, and I've wailed and gnashed all my teeth in vain, to inform those offspring beneath.
To be sealed to my man, has long been a dream, but they've joined me to one I've not even seen.
 
Six children I bore with joy and tears and waited with longing for them through the years.
But sadly to say, there have only been three that those relatives yet have had sealed to me.
To make matters worse, they discovered four others and blandly proclaimed that I was their mother.
Now if that's not enough to in patience withstand, they say I'm 50 years older than I really am.
 
So, I earnestly beg and implore and beseech to stress accurate care with the people you teach.
In recording the names, the dates, and the places, for fear of adjoining wrong names and wrong places.
Genealogy work that is not rightly spelled may consign "old Joe" to a place that's - oh well.
 
Just remember to copy each record with care, get your facts straight and always beware of errors in time and above all in names, for another man's wife is never the same -
So be sure that your Temple records are true."


No comments:

Post a Comment