Thursday, March 20, 2014

Strong foundation thought

Hello Wonderful Sisters of Rigby 10th, 

I was sharing this thought with my students this week and I thought that I would share it with you because I know this is how I feel at times. I think it will help you through the week as it did me. I found an awesome scripture in the Book of Mormon, Helaman 5:12, it says,

“And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”


I have found that when I am not in the best moods around my family or I feel stressed from work. That is when Satan preys on my heart. Now, I know that if I say my prayers, attend ALL my meetings, and surround my life with things that are of a heavenly nature, my foundation and my spirit are strong. If you live the gospel and love Heavenly Father, then the influences or challenges around you will falter as well. Have a great weekend!

~~Love Sis Ingram

P.S Did you know that you can comment right on our blog? I know you just want to comment right away. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that scripture. I love that the foundation of Jesus Christ is so sure that if we build on it, we cannot fall. And that is the only foundation that has that promise attached. We truly can trust Him with all our heart, might, mind and strength. ♡He is our everything. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite scriptures. I, too, can tell a big difference in my life and attitude if I let myself forget the "foundation", even if for a very short time. We are so blessed to have the scriptures to guide us and the knowledge that Heavenly Father truly does hear our prayers. Thank you so much for your insight:)

    ReplyDelete