Thursday, March 12, 2015

Scripture Chains: Repentance continued

Sister Rolfe has been a wonderful teacher in Relief Society. However, it is time for her to share her wisdom and life with the young women in our ward. We will miss you!

This is the hand out that Sister Rolfe gave us to go with her/the last lesson.

The scripture chains in this lesson are wonderful and give true guidance to the repentance process, please ponder these scriptures in one of your personal scripture study times, you will find great council and strength.

Godly sorrow is a gift of the spirit. It is a deep realization that our actions have offended our Father and our God. It is the sharp and keen awareness that our behavior caused the Savior, He who knew no sin, even the greatest of all, to endure agony and suffering. Our sins caused him to bleed at every pore. This very real mental and spiritual anguish is what the scriptures refer to as having "a broken heart and a contrite spirit."

Such a spirit is the absolute prerequisite for true repentance.

Scripture chain: 3 Nephi 9:20, Moroni 6:2, D&C 20:37; 59:8, Psalms 34:18; 51:17, Isaiah 57:15

Moroni was told by the Lord, "If men come unto me I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men." It matters not what is our lack or our weakness or our insufficiency. His gifts and powers are sufficient to overcome them all. Moroni continues with the words of the Lord: "My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Scripture chain: D&C 52:17, 1 Nephi 17:3; 2, 2 Nephi 3:13, D&C 1:28; 133:58-59

No comments:

Post a Comment